Monday, December 25, 2006

My Next In Line For A Miracle

A tangential [yet still grammatical] update is better than no update, right?


A couple minutes ago, I was going through the stations here at home and found this. I didn't think things like these still existed, yet still in the year 2006, people are using the old, standby ways to misrepresent Christianity. Note the use of "your" rather than "you're"


Rev. Peter Popoff, seller of Miracle Spring Water. Yes, thats right: Miracle Spring Water. According to the testimonials he reads, it'll fix anything. One woman, he claims, had her electric bill paid by the Lord after she used the water. And it can work for you too! He says that he knows there's someone out there in the audience with intestinal problems that can be healed. There's a couple that can't have a child that will have a baby once they get the water. There's even a married couple living with their parents that--if they anoint the apartment they want with the water--will move out on their own. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.


That's right: if you call now, they'll supersize your order!
(Another grammar error to make this slightly more relevant: extra comma.)

Go check out his website's testimonials, pick out your favorite, and stick it in the comments.

Other links:
Vid of Popoff getting shown up
Part of the informercial
Wikipedia entry
Scans of what comes in the mail

3 Comments:

Blogger AHFB said...

quote:
"I wrote for prayer for my son, for a drinking problem. Well some weeks ago he told me he quit drinking! At three parties with alcohol, I observed no drinking and no smoking. I give God the Glory and Thank you.
--Sister B Sampson, Winnipeg, MB
/quote

So at the previous parties, she was observing him drinking and smoking? Maybe she should have said something rather than just watching.

2:47 AM  
Blogger whit said...

"I asked for you to pray for my son's ears that he wouldn't have to have surgery again. Peter Popoff, let me tell you the good news. I took my son back to have his ears checked. The doctor said his ears are fine. He can hear good and he wouldn't have to come back and no surgery. Praise God for he is worthy."
-- Sister M. Banks, Paducah, KY

i like this one because i just returned from seeing my po-dunk family in KY and northern MI who all speak like this. it makes me want to cry.
i actually slipped a few double negatives too... yuck.

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey— Hate to break it to you, but the past tense of "pay" is "paid." Love, Gabe

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home